Fire and Rescue NSW are actively targeting fit and healthy women to apply to become permanent firefighters. Women and Firefighting Australasia (WAFA) will support all women in their preparation to become a fire fighter.
While there is a lot of information available about the application process, WAFA wants to help prospective female applicants understand the physical requirements of a firefighters role. WAFA will partner with FRNSW to hold practicle information sessions for female applicants. These sessions will include :
- Specific information about the FRNSW requirements
- Female firefighters discussing their career with FRNSW
- Health and Safety Reps demonstrating the Physical Aptitude Test (PAT)
- Opportunities for applicants to familiarise and practice the PAT
- Demonstraition of Fire-Fit Programme
- Open forum with current female firefighters
WAFA understands the challenges of the PAT for many women. Statistics show that a large proportion of women simply lack the confidence in their capability. We hope these practical information sessions will boost the confidence of every participant and ensure you give yourself the best opportunity to be competitive throughout the recruitment process.
||University of Wollongong. Oval 2, Ring Road (Northern end of campus)
||Saturday 30th April 2016
||0417 461 417